Is There a Natural Cure for Eczema?

Perusing forums and discussion boards across the web, many persons suffering from eczema seem resigned to accepting that there is no cure for eczema, and that the only hope is to merely control symptoms.

I am here to say that this is not necessarily true. I was a chronic sufferer from eczema since I was a child. I had eczema inside the elbows, behind the knees, on the neck, the forehead, behind my ears...

The eczema always seemed worse during the winter, when the air was drier. To top it off, I was born with a disposition towards dry skin. Also, it would flare up when playing out on the playground with my friends (salty sweat seemed to aggravate it). There were times that it got so bad I would lose sleep.

For one period, when I was undergoing a tremendous amount of stress due to family problems, I had it from head to toe and was literally scraping dry skin off my body like a lizard shedding their skin.

I felt like I was trapped in an alien body. It was nerve-wracking. Of course, the stress just exacerbated the situation. The itchiness would drive me nuts. I was even taking things like Benadryl just to help me get to sleep!

I'm no scientist. I am not a dermatologist. However, I am one of many former eczema sufferers who no longer has eczema. I stopped counting how many trips to the doctor I've made for this condition, or how many skin creams (both prescription and over-the-counter types) I have tried to relieve symptoms. Yet, eventually, I prevailed. I was able to cure eczema, naturally.

So don't listen to those "experts" or cynics who say there is no cure. I am living proof that this is not necessarily the case. I am here to encourage you not to give up in your search for a solution. Can everyone that has eczema be cured? That I cannot say. However, if you have this skin rash condition, I would highly recommend pursuing a true fix rather than throwing in the towel. What do you have to lose? If you cure it, your life will be all the better, right?

First, I would say that you must recognize that there is a difference between a symptoms treatment and a cure. For example, a standard medical prescription is a steroid cream to alleviate the itchiness of the rash. It may relieve itchiness, yes, but for one, there are potential bad effects of such creams - - e.g., they can thin and stretch your skin over time. It doesn't cure the eczema itself.

Second, a cure for eczema begins with determining what is causing it. My personal "theory" is that it has to do with both a weak immune system and intolerance to various foods and other so-called "allergens" such as dust, pollen and cat dander. There tends to be a high correlation between allergy sufferers and people with eczema. One must tackle these in systematic fashion. Sort of like treating yourself like a lab rat.

You can try rotating your foods so that you can isolate which ones cause your eczema to inflame. Avoid the foods and other things that seem to cause it. Gradually, as you eliminate things that worsen your eczema, you begin to boost your immune system. Accelerate this by eating healthy fresh vegetables and adopting a regular exercise program.

This all takes work and a systematic approach, but eventually, it will be worth it. You won't have to worry about what clothes you wear (because some are too itchy, or because you have to cover up your yucky-looking rash). Getting rid of your eczema is like regaining your freedom. Becoming eczema-free simply makes life a lot more enjoyable!

There are a couple of solutions systems I know of that work. One has to do with cleansing your internal body naturally, and then following a diet and nutrition regimen to beat eczema. Read more about it below.

Don't be a victim of Eczema! Beat Eczema Now.

T.J. Tamaki
Health and Fitness Tips and Product Reviews


Original article

No comments: